Tuesday 5 March 2013

Phase 1 (Designing the world map)

Before commencing on my website the key part is designing my world map for the homepage. In doing my proposal I drew out the map by hand but have realised how time consuming that was. Instead of using drawings, I am going to use an existing graphic to get my outline for my map.

I am going to use this existing picture of a world map to get my outline on Photoshop for my map. I need to use a large image because this is going to be the focal point on my homepage. My whole idea for my website is also focused around this final image.
(https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi2J0cnuRdK-ZzZ9AGMtKRGvINIYw4bZpQHsvlklhnZLmw2XhOAX7noqu-wRu_FdJ1drKEOpXmoitiNInnlwxclzFFja6p09dxgO94VNijV5AZD2ZV0Jg1zYMV6Puhgy269Vza6TvUSt_A/s1600/world_map_.jpg)

Once I placed the image in Photoshop, I cut the countries out so that I had my shape of the world map. This will make it easier to add different colours to different continents.

Next using colour, I picked bright colours to make the map 'child friendly'  to capture by target audience. 

Then I removed the background as I wanted to use a blue/turquoise background in its place.


No comments:

Post a Comment